Community drug alert ends

Community drug alert ends

By Richard Coffin

The North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit says data shows opioid-related overdose activity in the region has decreased since they issued and extended a community drug alert.

Officials say the alert is no longer in place.

“While the Alert is no longer in effect as of today (May 22), we encourage folks to continue taking extra precaution and look out for the safety and well-being of people who use substances,” states an update on the health unit’s website.

The alert was issued on April 7 and extended twice, later in April and again in early May.

Earlier this month, the health unit said 42 opioid-related overdoses were reported in April, with four deaths.

[RELATED] Drug alert extended after 42 overdoses, including four deaths, in April

Port North Bay - Fully Furnished affordable modern Office Suites Available

Richard Coffinhttps://www.mynorthbaynow.com/Richard Coffin has been a reporter and news anchor on the radio in North Bay for over 25 years.  From premiers to people in the neighbourhood, he enjoys connecting with newsmakers and writing stories that matter to area listeners on a variety of topics including healthcare, education, politics, sports and more. 

STAY INFORMED – Receive news to your inbox. This is a free service


Hello Awesome People!

It looks like you are using Ad Blocker. We can understand that you don't like to see the ads frequently. But please try to understand that our business survive on the ads. Main source of revenue is Ads, please support us by disabling ad blocker.

Thank you for visiting Report North Bay!

Test